This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A Winter Afternoon Tea for blustery, chilly, and even… snowy days. Warm up with these comfortable and cozy tea recipes and ideas to celebrate winter’s majestic season. And tea pairing ideas that are perfect for cold, winter days.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
Settle by the hearth or nestle into a “sumptuous cocoon of blankets, while away a frosty afternoon savoring the simple pleasures of sipping a favorite brew or indulging in a fresh-baked dessert.”
Gather friends and set a fireside table on a chilly afternoon. Serve small bites, hearty fare, and a steaming pot of tea. “Graciously unconditional, this loyal tonic for the soul gives us hope, solace, and an open invitation to live in the moment.”
Tea Pairing Ideas for a Winter Afternoon Tea
Nothing is more satisfying as the days grow chilly than a warm cup of tea. Whether you are serving a full teatime or want to curl up by the fire with tea, here are some ideas you may enjoy this winter.
- Oolong Tea is delightful with creamy soup like Cream of Potato Soup or Cream of Parsnip Soup or even Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Turmeric and Cumin on a blustery day.
- Rooibos Tea pairs well with soups and savory options with strong flavors like curry or or spicy and even sweet flavors like Slow Cooker Tomato Soup with Parmesan Croutons or a Healthy Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup.
- Aasam Tea, a delightful black tea, pairs well with hardy or richly flavored recipes. It also pairs well with chocolate, custard, and lemon treats.
- Green Tea is always a healthy choice for pairing with lighter foods when you’re keeping healthy resolutions. It pairs especially well with seafood, chicken, salads, and mildly flavored foods.
- Fresh Lemon Ginger Tea is a wonderfully flavored, simple, and healthy tea to make all through the wintertime.
More Winter Teatime Posts You May Also Love
Winter Afternoon Tea Recipes
Simple winter recipes to gather friends and family near. From hardier fare to warm your toes with rich flavors and deep comfort.