This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Taking grilled burgers to a delicious level with these Firecracker Chicken Burgers. Infused with a delightful blend of chili peppers, shredded cheese, and aromatic spices, these mouthwatering burgers can be prepared in 20 minutes or less with simple ingredients you may already have.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
So when planning a cookout, backyard BBQ… or even a new 4th of July dish (Firecracker Chicken… kind of perfect!), get ready to savor a feast!
These ground chicken burgers are a great addition to any cookout, are quick and easy to mix, and grill in 10 minutes (outdoors or indoors).
Here’s what you need to know:
What to Love About Firecracker Chicken Burgers
- Immensely flavor and as spicy or mild as you like
- Quick and easy for weekend or even weeknight grilling
- Perfect for backyard BBQ or even, say, the 4th of July!
What is Firecracker Chicken Burgers
Inspired by the always popular Firecracker Chicken dish, these grilled burgers begin with ground chicken infused with classic Asian-inspired Firecracker chicken flavors. The result is a quick and easy-to-make burger bursting with irresistible flavor.
Ingredients in Firecracker Chicken Burgers
While you will find ingredient measurements in the recipe card at the bottom of this post, here is a quick list of what’s needed:
- Ground chicken
- Red onion, finely chopped
- Fresh basil, finely chopped
- Minced garlic
- Jalapeño peppers (green or red), finely chopped
- Red chili flakes
- Ground ginger
- Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese, or your favorite shredded cheese
- Hot sauce like Buffalo Hot Sauce or Sriracha
Optional Chili Mayonaise
This sauce, while entirely optional as the burgers are incredible just as they are, gives a little extra kick to these fantastic burgers. Here’s what you need (measurements are in the recipe card below).
- Sriracha sauce
- Chili sauce (like Sambal Oelek)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
If you’re wondering whether Chili Mayonnaise is the same as Yum Yum Sauce, the answer is no. Although similar, yum yum sauce is made with a tomato paste base with additional savory ingredients.
You might try Thousand Island dressing or Chick-fil-a sauce for quick, easy, ready-made Chili Mayonnaise substitutions.
How to Make Firecracker Chicken Burgers
Step-by-step instructions are in the recipe card below, but here is a quick overview of how easy it is to make these grilled burgers.
To begin, prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat. A cast iron skillet works well if you’re making them on the stovetop.
Mix ground chicken onion, basil, garlic, jalapeño, red chili flakes, ginger, cheese, hot sauce, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper in a medium bowl until evenly incorporated without overmixing.
Form into four ½ inch-thick patties and press them firmly together. Grill the chicken burgers until cooked, 5-7 minutes per side.
What to Serve with Firecracker Chicken Burgers
Serve Firecracker Chicken Burgers on buns with slices of red onion, fresh garden lettuce or greens, and Spicy Chili Mayonnaise (see the recipe card below for ingredients).
Here are some side dishes that go well with grilled burgers:
If you’re grilling these burgers Sweet Grilled Corn on the Cob in foil packets are an easy side to add. Salads of all kinds, whether Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, pasta, or potato salad, make an excellent addition too. Have you ever tried making Easy Instant Pot Potato Salad?
And you can never go wrong with a Grilled Vegetables Platter!
More Recipes You May Also Enjoy
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Firecracker Chicken Burgers
Firecracker Chicken Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons crushed red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup Pepper Jack Cheese shredded (or cheese of choice)
- 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce like Buffalo Hot Sauce or Sriracha
- 4 buns
- sliced red onion
- Chili Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (or Asian chili sauce)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
- Transfer the ground chicken to a medium bowl and break into small pieces. Stir in onion, basil, garlic, jalapeño, red chili flakes, ground ginger, cheese, hot sauce, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Combine the ingredients until everything is evenly incorporated without overmixing the ground chicken.
- Form the mixture into four ½ inch-thick patties and press it firmly. Grill the chicken burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
- Serve each chicken patty in a bun topped with toppings.
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Chicken burgers can fall apart on the grill when the ingredients (specifically the ground chicken) are overmixed or they are not pressed firmly into a patty. To help avoid this, break up the ground chicken in the bowl into smaller pieces before incorporating the remaining ingredients. That way, it’s mixed more quickly and thoroughly without overmixing.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.