This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A quick and easy 5 minute Fall Crack Chex Mix recipe that’s super simple and yummy. Packed with the sweet and salty flavors we love, it’s a treat perfect for the season!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
Honestly, does it get better than that? Five minutes to a snack mix everyone will love.
Perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving, hostess gifts — football watching! Or how about movie nights, game nights? Or even a late-night snack.
There are so many ways to enjoy this quick and easy fall-inspired Crack. Much like our 5 Minute Christmas Crack, it’s a simple way to make a treat, perfect for autumn.
5 Minute Fall Crack: Chex Mix Recipe
Five minutes, few ingredients — and so good, it’s almost addictive.
And festive? Absolutely, it instantly puts you in the mood for all things fall.
Plus, it’s a great homemade hostess gift when packed in jars or cellophane wrappers.
This quick-fix sweet and salty Chex Mix recipe is made with a combination of Rice Chex, Corn Chex, pretzel sticks, mini marshmallows, M&M’s, pecans, and white chocolate.
It makes a big batch. When it’s just my family, I often half the recipe. I usually regret it though, because it’s easy to store and gift!
Fall Crack Chex Mix Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this sweet and salty fall snack:
- Rice Chex Cereal
- Corn Chex Cereal
- Pretzel mini twists (or sticks)
- Mini marshmallows
- Fall colored M&Ms or pumpkin mix candy
- Pecan halves
- White chocolate for melting
What I love about this recipe is how customizable it is. For instance, you can switch the M&Ms for candy corn or a pumpkin mix. The pecans can be swapped for another favorite nut, or eliminated altogether.
The melted white chocolate combines the ingredients into easy, bite-size pieces.
How to Make this Easy Fall Chex Mix Recipe
In a large bowl combine the cereal, pretzels, marshmallows, M&M’s, and pecans. Mix them up a bit to evenly distribute.
Step 1: Melt the Chocolate
Meanwhile, over a double boiler or even in the microwave, melt the white chocolate according to package instructions.
Step 2: Combine
Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, drizzle it over the cereal mix and combine with a spoon or even your hands. Be sure the cereal mixture is evenly coated with chocolate. Melt a little chocolate if needed!
Step 3: Let Dry and Harden
Spread the mixture onto a large sheet of parchment or wax paper. Let dry and harden for about an hour. Mine, though, usually dries and hardens in about 10 minutes.
Break it into bite-size pieces and store it in airtight containers or baggies for up to 1 week.
More Easy Snack Ideas
- 5 Minute Christmas Crack: A Simple Sweet and Salty Snack
- Everything Bagel Pretzels: Quick & Easy Party Food
- Easy and Healthy Fall Treats
- Homemade Crackers: A Healthy Oat Cracker Recipe
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup pretzel mini twists (or sticks)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2-3 cups fall colored M&Ms or pumpkin mix candy
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 24 oz white chocolate for melting
- In a large bowl combine the cereal, pretzels, marshmallows, M&M's, and pecans. Mix them up a bit to evenly distribute.
- Meanwhile, over a double boiler or in the microwave, melt the white chocolate according to package instructions.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, drizzle it over the cereal mix and combine with a spoon or even your hands. Be sure the cereal mixture is evenly coated with chocolate. Melt a little more chocolate if needed.
- Spread the mixture onto a large sheet of parchment or wax paper. Let dry and harden for about an hour, although mine usually hardens in 10 to 15 minutes. Break it into bite-size pieces and store it in airtight containers or baggies for up to 1 week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.