This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Ahead of the big game, Google released its annual food map of Most Popular Super Bowl Foods by state. While expected favorites were strong, unusual outliers will make for interesting football food fare this year.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
If you love spicy, grilled, cheesy, highly flavored, amazing food — you’re looking forward to this weekend.
If you love chocolaty, salty, gooey desserts– you’re also looking forward to this weekend.
Not only is it a contest of the best of the best in the NFL…
It’s also the Super Bowl of delicious food!
Super Bowl Foods Expected Favorites
As expected, Buffalo Chicken Dip and Wings top the searches in most states. But that’s followed by 7-Layer Dip searches as the next highest and a tie between chili recipes, chicken recipes, and Burria Tacos recipes.
If you’re not familiar with Burria Tacos, they originated in Mexico, and are addictively sweet, slightly spicy, and amazingly savory. Essentially, it’s a Mexican-flavored slow-cooked beef stew that’s tender and delicious. It’s then stuffed into a taco shell and then fried.
Super Bowl Food Outliers
While most of the Super Bowl food searches were traditional football food favorites, the unusual outliers gave an interesting twist to this year’s food map.
The most unusual were Pork Chow Mein in Vermont and Montana’s Keto Egg Bites. Also unique were Delaware’s “Prawn Toast” and Nebraska’s Labneh recipes.
Favorite Super Bowl Recipes You’ll Love
If you love the flavors of Buffalo Chicken, you will love our quick and easy Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings or So Easy Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Nachos. BBQ Chicken fans might love our Korean BBQ Beef Wraps or a super popular, homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza.
Chili recipes are always popular and we’ve gathered some of our favorites in this post: Amazing Chili Recipes to Make Now.
And if you love charcuterie boards, as do we, check out these 20 Easy Super Bowl Snack ideas.
Most Popular Super Bowl Foods by State
The following searches were taken from the Google Trends Super Bowl food map.
- Alabama: Tri-Tip Recipes
- Alaska: Beef Stew
- Arizona: 7-Layer Dip
- Arkansas: Wagyu Beef
- California: Cheese Burger Sliders
- Colorado: Chili Recipes
- Connecticut: Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Delaware: Prawn Toast
- Florida: Chicken Wings
- Georgia: Korean BBQ
- Hawaii: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- Idaho: Birria Tacos
- Illinois: Cajun Boil
- Indiana: Charcuterie Boards
- Iowa: Crab Ragoon Dip
- Kansas: Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Kentucky: Jambalaya Recipes
- Louisiana: 7 Layer Dip Recipes
- Maine: Nachos
- Maryland: Deep Fried Wingettes
- Massachusetts: Chili Recipes
- Michigan: Chicken Wings
- Minnesota: Chex Mix Recipes
- Mississippi: Birria Tacos
- Missouri: Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Montana: Keto Egg Bites
- Nebraska: Labneh Recipes Tacos
- New Hampshire: Lasagna Recipes
- New Jersey: Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Nevada: Birria Tacos
- New Mexico: Cuban Sandwiches
- New York: Buffalo Chicken Dip
- North Carolina: Pigs in a Blanket recipes
- North Dakota: Stuffed Peppers
- Ohio: Cheese Balls
- Oklahoma: Charcuterie Boards
- Oregon: Pasta Fagioli
- Pennsylvania: Cuban Sandwiches
- Rhode Island: Short Ribs Recipes
- South Carolina: Meatballs Recipes
- South Dakota: White Queso
- Tennessee: Chili Recipes
- Texas: Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Utah: 7 Layer Dip Recipes
- Vermont: Pork Chow Mein
- Virginia: Charcuterie Boards
- Washington: 7 Layer Dip Recipes
- West Virginia: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Wisconsin: Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Wyoming: Chia Seed Coconut Milk Desserts