This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Hot Caprese Dip is an easy party appetizer filled with the Mediterranean flavors we love! It’s zippy, cheesy, and oh-so-simple with a handful of ingredients and 15 minutes in the oven! It’s party time!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email, and we’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, you’ll get delicious new recipes from us every Friday!
What to Love: This dip is an easy, warm, baked cheesy spread with all the caprese flavors we love. Serve with crackers or pitas for your next party or gathering.
Recipe Time: 5 minutes to prep and 15-20 minutes to bake.
What You Need: An oven-proof 10-inch skillet or small baking dish.
The cheese lovers — you know who you are— will park in front of the cheeseboard or cheesy dips and will happily mingle from there.
Because, after all, who doesn’t love cheesy dips?! Not one single person in my family.
So this caprese dip is for you, cheese lovers, who also love fresh basil, mozzarella, a hint of spicy mustard, and roasted tomatoes. Are you ready to make this simple hot dip recipe?
Hot Caprese Dip Ingredients
- Sour Cream: For this dip, you can use a full fat sour cream or to keep it a bit leaner, a light sour cream will work equally well.
- Shredded Cheese Cheese: For the BEST flavor, we’re using a combination of shredded mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheese. If you prefer, you can use all Mozzarella (and by the way, I prefer a thicker shred like Tillamook’s Farmstyle because I think it melts better).
- Fresh Basil: This provides the absolute best flavor, but in a pinch, if you can’t find fresh basil, you can substitute a basil pesto instead. But I absolutely love using fresh when possible. Save some for garnishing the top of the dip!
- Dry Spices: This dip is all about delicious flavor and these simple dried spices are incredibly delicious in this easy dip recipe: garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Dijon Mustard: Just a bit of this savory ingredient makes this dip extra special.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Because a caprese salad or dip isn’t the same without sweet tomatoes. Grape tomatoes also work.
- Dippers: Pita chips, crackers, crostini, or fresh baguette rounds are perfect for dipping!
How To Make This Dip
All you need to make this easy dip is a shallow 8-inch baking dish or, as I’ve done, a 10-inch cast iron skillet . Then, preheat the oven to 425℉.
Step 1: Combine the ingredients
In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. If using pesto instead of fresh basil, add it with the sour cream.
Finally, stir in the shredded cheese and fresh basil until combined. Spread into a 10-inch oven-proof skillet or square baking dish, and top with cherry tomatoes and a sprinkling of red pepper flakes if desired.
Step 2: Bake for 15 minutes
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
How to Serve Hot Caprese Dip
I like to serve this hot dip almost immediately. But be sure to give it a couple of minutes to cool as it will be hot! Then, garnish the top with additional fresh basil, more halved cherry tomatoes, and chopped green onions for more fresh greens and texture.
I love to serve this dip with pita chips, but toasted baguettes or crostini is delicious, too!
More Delicious Dip Recipes
- 5 Minute Refried Bean Dip
- Easy Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Black Eyed Peas Dip
- 2 Minute Greek Dill Yogurt Sauce
- Homemade Salsa with Pantry Ingredients
SAVE THIS AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Make sure you don’t lose track of this recipe by pinning it for later! If you are not already, you can follow me on Pinterest, as well as keep up with me on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. If you make this recipe, I would also love it if you’d tag me in your photos and leave a star rating below!
Easy Caprese Dip Recipe
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese about 2 cups
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup basil leaves chopped, or 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat the oven to 425℉.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. If using pesto instead of fresh basil, add it with the sour cream. Then stir in the shredded cheese and fresh basil until combined.
- Spread into a 10-inch oven-proof skillet and top with cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Serve immediately with crostini, pita or chips!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.